VETERINARY SERVICES OF SPRINGFIELD opened in July 1986 at 1924 Mitchell Blvd. While at that location, Dr. Campbell, was called to active duty as an Army veterinarian and Dr. Langenderfer was recruited during Dr. Campbell’s absence. Dr. L., as everyone referred to her, stayed with the practice part-time for several years. The practice has been a single veterinarian practice after Dr. L. moved to a full-time position in Beavercreek.
The practice had some interior design changes over the years in order to better serve our patients. Space was at a premium, and parking had always been a problem. Sharing a storefront with other businesses was not an easy way to practice, and concessions had to be made.
In December 2011, Dr. Campbell purchased the property at 1426 Mitchell Blvd. A much needed renovation project began in March of 2012. The condition of the interior was not well suited for repair, and it was gutted to the bare walls, floor, and ceiling. State of the art insulation, heating/air conditioning, and lighting are quite “green,” and lessens our environmental impact.
High tech flooring and ventilation eases the labor of keeping a clean, fresh, and healthy place to treat pets. Ample parking, a well lit exterior, two handi-cap van spots, grassy exercise area and trees make a visit to the practice much more pleasant and convenient. The new facility opened October 15, 2012. A Grand Opening on Oct. 20th featured tours, prize drawings, freebies, food, and bluegrass music.